Our Permanente physicians are using their expertise and person- and family-centered approach to care to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about what we’re doing and find resources that we’re sharing with the health care community. If you’re a Kaiser Permanente member, visit kp.org to get more information about patient care.
Our national infectious disease leader
Stephen M. Parodi, MD, is an infectious disease physician with The Permanente Medical Group and an executive vice president of The Permanente Federation. He is the physician leader guiding Kaiser Permanente’s response to the coronavirus outbreak.
Dr. Parodi in the news
- In JAMA on hospitalization and ICU rates
- On MedPage Today: “With Ingenuity, We’ll Beat COVID-19”
- On The Today Show: “Are California and Washington flattening the coronavirus curve?”
- On ABC News: “Baby Monitors in the ICU”
- On CBC News on California’s early response delaying a surge
- In JAMA on moving from containment to mitigation strategy
- On NBC Evening News: “hospitals prepare for coronavirus patients”
From the front lines
This is a series of perspective pieces from physicians who are among the hundreds of thousands providing care during the coronavirus pandemic.
- #55WordStories Project
- Dennis Truong, MD: Fueling the fight against COVID-19 with hope and happiness
- David Ward, MD: The meaning of ‘calling’
- Lindsay Mazotti, MD: 10 lessons from a hospital command center