Permanente Medicine means fulfilling the promise of medicine
Through our unique approach to total health, we deliver the focused, personalized care that we would want for our loved ones and ourselves. Our team-based care lets us build healthier communities, patient by patient, person by person.
At our core, we celebrate the idea of “respect,” and we apply this to everyone and everything around us — patients, physicians and care teams, our communities, and our environment. This drives our decisions and lets us work with a collaborative spirit and an unbounded enthusiasm to do the right thing for our patients and for each other.
We strongly believe that our unique approach to medicine can impact the future of health care. The work that we do, in service of every patient, has the potential to change countless lives. Our focus on community and population health have made us a nationally recognized industry leader.
Our philosophy of care is guided by 7 principles:
- We are completely focused on our patients and their families.
- We practice compassionate, humane medicine.
- We depend on our colleagues and teams to ensure seamless care delivery.
- Our care is based on the best evidence and research.
- We use proven medical technologies to coordinate and inform care.
- We are culturally responsive and respectful of our patients’ beliefs and preferences.
- We are led by physicians because that’s what it takes to ensure delivery of the best care possible.
This is medicine we believe in. This is Permanente Medicine.