Proven physician leader to serve as executive vice president, chief information officer and national IT leader for The Permanente Federation
Panel features thought leaders from The Permanente Federation, Institute for Healthcare Improvement, and American Medical Association
OAKLAND, Calif. – Leaders from The Permanente Federation, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) and American Medical Association will discuss the future of equitable care during a free Permanente Live webinar on September 22.
This virtual panel will explore how the COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the challenges of achieving health equity. Access to care and vaccines has been mixed, with significant care gaps still apparent among Black, Indigenous and Latinx individuals. Panelists will discuss these disparities and the tangible solutions health organizations need to innovate and achieve quality care for all.
What: “Permanente Live: The future of equitable care” live webinar. Topics discussed will include:
- Systemic factors contributing to health care inequity
- Major barriers to health equity revealed by the pandemic
- Steps health care organizations are taking now and can take in the future to address health equity
- Improving quality by focusing on equitable care
- Creating a common national framework for collectively achieving quality care for all
- Nkem Chukwumerije, MD, MPH, FACP, president and executive medical director, The Southeast Permanente Medical Group, Atlanta metro area
- Nancy Gin, MD, FACP, executive vice president for quality, and chief quality officer, The Permanente Federation
- Kedar Mate, MD, president and CEO, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- Karthik Sivashanker, MD, vice president of Equitable Health Systems and Innovation, American Medical Association
The panel will be moderated by Stephen Parodi, MD, infectious disease physician with The Permanente Medical Group; and executive vice president of External Affairs, Communications, and Brand for The Permanente Federation, the national consulting group for the 8 Permanente Medical Groups, which provide care to more than 12.5 million Kaiser Permanente members.
When: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Pacific time
Where: Register to attend this free virtual event (space is limited).
About The Permanente Federation
The Permanente Federation LLC is the national leadership and consulting organization for the eight Permanente Medical Groups, which, together with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plans and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, comprise Kaiser Permanente. The Federation works on behalf of the PMGs to optimize care delivery and spread Permanente Medicine — medicine that is person- and family-centered, compassionate, evidence-based, technology-enabled, culturally responsive, team-delivered and physician-led. The Federation, based in Oakland, California, fosters an open learning environment and accelerates research, innovation and performance improvements across the PMGs to expand the reach of Kaiser Permanente’s integrated care delivery model and to lead the nation in transforming care delivery. To learn more about the Permanente Medical Groups, visit permanente.org.