Join Alex McDonald, MD, and Charu Soni, MD, for a conversation on helping patients stay engaged in their health beyond the exam room.
In honor of Earth Day, host Alex McDonald, MD, chatted with guest Anne C. Toledo, MD, about climate change and its impact on health. Dr. Toledo, a family medicine physician at Northwest Permanente, shared ways clinicians can play a role to mitigate climate challenges, and what health conditions they should be prepared to care for in patients living in a changing environment. Listen or watch the full conversation above.
- Anne Toledo, MD, family medicine physician, Northwest Permanente, P.C.
Here are a few resources recommended by Dr. Toledo for clinicians to learn more about how they can get involved with mitigating the effects of climate change:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s “Building Resilience Against Climate Effects (BRACE) Framework”
- See your state’s practical steps and CDC grant activity
- Oregon’s Climate Toolbox
- Medical Society Consortium on Climate and Health
- Health Care Without Harm
- Columbia University’s Global Consortium on Climate and Health Education