HIMSS 23: Human-centered Design and the Digital Patient Journey
April 17 @ 1:10 pm - 1:55 pm
Technology investment decisions are often made based on what the organization wants versus what the consumer needs. But the design and application of digital solutions requires end-user involvement to ensure alignment with expectations, needs, and challenges. Join this HIMSS23 pre-conference forum in Chicago for a discussion of what human-centered design looks like in the context of a health care setting, from digital front doors to self-service apps, and how it can be used to bridge the gap between technology investment and patient engagement. Come away with actionable steps for driving connected health initiatives that support the realization of a future for health care that is personalized, equitable, and participatory in nature.
- Edward Lee, MD, executive vice president, Information Technology, and chief information officer, The Permanente Federation
- Andrea Marks, vice president of Digital Transformation, Walmart Health and Wellness
- Mira Kang, MD, vice president and medical information officer, Digital Innovation Center; and chair of the Data Management Committee, Health Promotion Center
- Josh Wymer, chief clinical officer, clinical associate professor; HIMSS
- Julie Rish, associate chief experience officer, Cleveland Clinic (moderator)